Janet's Closet Forum

Full Version: Determining Sizes that Look and Feel Great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heart Hi Ladies, 
Question, Does anyone find it a little strange that some underclothing like shapeware can be a size smaller and still fit comfortable? I used to be a XL in womens but since I have lost 40 lbs, I can wear a Large in womens and even sometimes a medium in panties like DKNY brand thongs. There is really no set size in womens clothing from what I have been experiencing. Is it just me or is that how it is usually?
Kisses, 
Gillian
Ive noticed that too. For some reason depending on where you get your clothes the sizes are different. I have three different sizes across my wardrobe.
(07-15-2021, 07:41 PM)901Becca Wrote: [ -> ]Ive noticed that too. For some reason depending on where you get your clothes the sizes are different. I have three different sizes across my wardrobe.
It is beginning to get easier especially if your body is transitioning, thanks babe
So much that comes from Asia, usually China, is much smaller than North American sizes. Then some brands seem to be inconsistent as well. I just bought a lovely bra, and I'm a 38C, quite reliably, but it fits kind of like a 36 B or C. The cups size is close, but the band size isn't. This was bought from a prominent lingerie retailer here, not from some unheard of place offshore.

Then there is body sizing. I seem to be on the cusp between medium and large, so depending on the cut, and the amount of stretch sometimes a medium is perfect, other times I need a large.

I voted for "Form Fitting" clothes, which is my preference, so then getting the right size is very important.
Amy
I agree, I have ordered heels that came from China and they ended up being a size smaller but had the size number stamped correctly. I only buy clothes now from Western countries. Atleast they get it right. Thanks for your reply. Kisses, Gillian