Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Finding Online LGBT Communities To Meet Make Friends
Ok....so i am at a loss. So i did ALOT of searching online looking for websites that host/cater to those that are into LGBT, a meeting place if you will. A place to create a profile to meet new people, make new friends, communicate, etc. I thought that maybe creating a Face Book account would be a great idea, but as it turns out it isn't. I created an account about 2 days ago and am locked out "temporarily" do to security reasons. In order to proceed in using my newly created account, i need to upload legit identification material to Face Book for validation to verify name used. Uuuummmmm how 'bout NO! First off, "Tiffany" does not exist in any legal documentations. Second, i refuse to "connect the dots" of myself to Tiffany. I am a very private person. So if i lose out, oh well. So yeah, i wasted at least 10 hours doing so much work in my account, all for nothing. I didn't even do ANYTHING wrong! I will NEVER go back to Face Book to create an account for Tiffany EVER AGAIN!

I did more searching and all i can ever seem to find is dating sites. I review them, but if their not free, then forget it. I have to shell out money to be able to communicate with others like myself? Not too mention such sites do have fake profiles, members who's profiles are abandoned but are still posted, etc. Such sites are built to make money and will do whatever to make it and more. Not too mention certain sites can be a bit scary when it comes to infections/viruses. I am careful about that.

I prefer any good safe site that will enable me to communicate with those like myself close to where i reside. I don't care about those outside my state or from another country and all for free. As i am taking my  first step out of the closet, i feel like i am being pushed back into the closet. I dont get it. I am just under the impression that the LGBT is so "underground" that it is practically non-existent.

Is society really that horrible to shun upon those in the LGBT world??? What's wrong with being who you wanna be!? We are EVERYWHERE, they just don't know about it cause we keep it so private. Because it is not of the "norm", we are rejected. Granted, i am afraid to step out in public dressed up, telling my friends and family about my inner self, so on and so forth. But that's only because of standards set by society, unwritten rules, that are just plain ridiculous! Perhaps i am sounding like i am double talking or one with double standards here. Maybe even a hypocrite, i dunno. When i see a crossdresser, TV, TS, TG, gay, lesbian, person...i don't shun them. I have seen such people before in public and meeting with them personally.

If anything that i have said in this post/thread is offensive, please let me know. If possible, i will edit. I had NO intentions to insult ANYONE through the wording in this thread. Some people take things differently. I apologize in advance if this is the case. I am a bi-sexual cross dresser, why would i offend? Sometimes i feel compelled to create my own website strictly dedicated to serve/cater/host to those in LGBT. A safe and 100% free zone with tons of options/features etc. I dunno. It's just a dream i have. Maybe in the future it will come true. I just don't see it now for various reasons.

For those reading this post/thread, if you have ANY information that would even steer me into the right direction PLEASE let me know. I appreciate in advance any and all help provided. To assist, i live in Michigan U.S.A. Clinton Township area (Macomb County). I already know of of 2 bars/clubs that exist in michigan. GiGis and adams apple. But what i am really looking for is online. I will be going dressed out in public to adams apple for my very first time, in the very near future.

Thanxs for reviewing and replying.

- Heart Tiffany
Hello Tiffany,
I didn't see your post here until after I responded to your PM. If you find what I sent you to be useful, let me know. I will post here, so that others might be able to locate a local community.
Nicole
(02-12-2016, 09:45 PM)Nicole Wrote: Hello Tiffany,
I didn't see your post here until after I responded to your PM. If you find what I sent you to be useful, let me know. I will post here, so that others might be able to locate a local community.
Nicole

Hello Nicole.
Yes i got your PM and will respond to it. Thanxs for responding!.

- Heart Tiffany

(02-12-2016, 07:40 PM)Colleen Wrote: Hi Tiffany!

I acknowledge and agree with much of what you have said in your posting and I'm not offended by any of your statements. I hope that you are able to overcome the feeling of being pushed back in the closet and that you can openly express who you are and want to be, particularly with respect to putting yourself out there and telling the people around you that you care for.

Using any site that you think may meet your needs can be a little disconcerting and frightening as there will always be those members in the community who use site's inappropriately and don't respect privacy etc. They simply attach themselves to be a nuisance and rude in order to meet their own demented ambitions of upsetting others. Even the number of people who register for this site, but don't activate their account or contribute to the forum, so that they can read and look at what we 'girls' are saying is somewhat disconcerting, but the blocks and screening that takes place provide me with some confidence to be an active participant.

Obtaining support for our lifestyle can be challenging. I'm sorry that you haven't found a lot of support in your area to date. Have you tried looking at the following website - it looks like it may have a couple of reasonable options for you:

LGBT Meetups in Clinton Township - Meetup
www.meetup.com/cities/us/mi/clinton_township/lgbt/
Find Meetups in Clinton Township, Michigan about LGBT and meet people in your ... Macomb County LGBTQ Meetup ...

I hope that your planned visit to 'Adams Apple' and/or GiGis goes well and allows you to 'break out!'. Once you embrace these venues the world may open up for you as you get to know a few people and learn about their support networks!

Good luck with your journey Tiffany and don't forget the 'girls' on this forum are here to help and support you. Be confident about sharing and asking!

H & K
Colleen
xxx

Hello Colleen.
Thanxs for responding! I just wanted to be VERY CLEAR that i am NOT the type of person whom insults anyone. I worry about getting banned, as it only takes a simple mis-understanding. NOT to say i have EVER been banned before from ANY forum, this is my first. Hell, i may even come off sounding a bit demanding or too serious. I know i can come off like that in person depending the situation, but that is my nature. Am not an A-Hole though. I like to believe my online personality is different. I certainly talk "type" more than i talk in person lol. I tend to listen more. But in the end, everyone is different, so i like to keep my bases covered.

Well, being pushed back into the "closet" IS gonna happen if there is no reason to get out of it...you know? I am not just gonna get all dolled up and head out to a department store, etc. I would MUCH RATHER go to meets/outings or even communicate with those that are like me that lead to such activities. If i can't be able to do stuff like this, then all i have is myself and thats it. I end up staying in the closet. I just don't have such a great amount of courage to go at it alone on my own. If even i did, i would prefer "company".

I don't understand it....people actually browse around in the forum to see what us "gurls" talk about etc???? WTH for?? What...to harass us maybe? I am NOT afraid of harassing keyboard warriors. I just flip 'em the bird and tell 'em to F off. Cause i go from "Tiffany" to "????" in NO time lol!

As for the link you submitted, nope...never seen hat one before. I have checked it out before replying. Just a quick peek. I wanna respond to you first before investigating. You know...it's funny. I am VERY good at finding things buried deep within the internet. But this one's a tuffy lol! I think my mind was just flooded with frustration, stress, and so on as i tried so hard searching, all with nothing more then roadblocks or dead ends. I am usually relentless and very determined too. The link you provided...yeah it's buried all right lol. Thanxs for the link, i will spend some time checking it out and if nothing, it will serve as a platform for more possible searches.

As for GiGi's, never been there before but have heard about it for years, in the past. As for Adam's Apple, i never knew about it till Lexi Law brought it up to me once in a discussion. Yes, i have plans. They are NOT set in stone at this point and time, as April is not here yet (month). I have talked to a friend of Lexi Law whom would accompany me on my outing to Adam's Apple! So yeah, i am looking very forward to that! For, if i don't have company, i ain't goin'! I also have plans for a shopping spree at Janets, a full transformation, and a photo shoot too...all of these things in one day. I am actually counting the days lol. Never done something like this ever before, so it will be quite and experience and am sure will be enjoyable too...hopefully. If i have company, i won't be afraid! I would like to mingle, communicate with others at the bar if they fancy talking to me. From there, will expand my knowledge and make new friends too. Who know what else!

I know the people in here read threads, some even relate to them too. I am not afraid to ask and feel that people in the forum will help me when they can.

Thanxs again Colleen

- Heart Tiffany
This goes out to all of our members and guests who might want more resource information and events etc. about who we are and such. If you want to know more and find local chapters then this is how I was able to find what I was looking for.
Begin your search with these keywords: transgender, LGBT and PFLAG. 
PFLAG typically offers a broader spectrum of information as they focus on Parents, Family and Friends of transgender people... children are a primary focus. But, do not think that they will not open their door for any of us here. It is thru a local PFLAG encounter group in Dayton that I began my journey of better understanding who I am and what I can offer to others thru my own experiences and stories. 
I believe that we can all find what we seek thru a qualified encounter group, whatever that may be. And NOOOOOO I am not a spokes person for any affiliation or association... simply, I am a beneficiary thereof since I sought out for myself and finally took the step to participate.
I am still very much 'in the closet' with most of my family and as such have my own issues to deal with daily... but, I now have the support that I need and I gain strength thru this support.
Nicole  Heart
You can check out URNA (urnotalone.com), they have a social network type website for crossdressers!
(02-12-2016, 12:01 PM)Princess Tiffany Wrote: Ok....so i am at a loss. So i did ALOT of searching online looking for websites that host/cater to those that are into LGBT, a meeting place if you will. A place to create a profile to meet new people, make new friends, communicate, etc. I thought that maybe creating a Face Book account would be a great idea, but as it turns out it isn't. I created an account about 2 days ago and am locked out "temporarily" do to security reasons. In order to proceed in using my newly created account, i need to upload legit identification material to Face Book for validation to verify name used. Uuuummmmm how 'bout NO! First off, "Tiffany" does not exist in any legal documentations. Second, i refuse to "connect the dots" of myself to Tiffany. I am a very private person. So if i lose out, oh well. So yeah, i wasted at least 10 hours doing so much work in my account, all for nothing. I didn't even do ANYTHING wrong! I will NEVER go back to Face Book to create an account for Tiffany EVER AGAIN!

I did more searching and all i can ever seem to find is dating sites. I review them, but if their not free, then forget it. I have to shell out money to be able to communicate with others like myself? Not too mention such sites do have fake profiles, members who's profiles are abandoned but are still posted, etc. Such sites are built to make money and will do whatever to make it and more. Not too mention certain sites can be a bit scary when it comes to infections/viruses. I am careful about that.

I prefer any good safe site that will enable me to communicate with those like myself close to where i reside. I don't care about those outside my state or from another country and all for free. As i am taking my  first step out of the closet, i feel like i am being pushed back into the closet. I dont get it. I am just under the impression that the LGBT is so "underground" that it is practically non-existent.

Is society really that horrible to shun upon those in the LGBT world??? What's wrong with being who you wanna be!? We are EVERYWHERE, they just don't know about it cause we keep it so private. Because it is not of the "norm", we are rejected. Granted, i am afraid to step out in public dressed up, telling my friends and family about my inner self, so on and so forth. But that's only because of standards set by society, unwritten rules, that are just plain ridiculous! Perhaps i am sounding like i am double talking or one with double standards here. Maybe even a hypocrite, i dunno. When i see a crossdresser, TV, TS, TG, gay, lesbian, person...i don't shun them. I have seen such people before in public and meeting with them personally.

If anything that i have said in this post/thread is offensive, please let me know. If possible, i will edit. I had NO intentions to insult ANYONE through the wording in this thread. Some people take things differently. I apologize in advance if this is the case. I am a bi-sexual cross dresser, why would i offend? Sometimes i feel compelled to create my own website strictly dedicated to serve/cater/host to those in LGBT. A safe and 100% free zone with tons of options/features etc. I dunno. It's just a dream i have. Maybe in the future it will come true. I just don't see it now for various reasons.

For those reading this post/thread, if you have ANY information that would even steer me into the right direction PLEASE let me know. I appreciate in advance any and all help provided. To assist, i live in Michigan U.S.A. Clinton Township area (Macomb County). I already know of of 2 bars/clubs that exist in michigan. GiGis and adams apple. But what i am really looking for is online. I will be going dressed out in public to adams apple for my very first time, in the very near future.

Thanxs for reviewing and replying.

- Heart Tiffany
i find the same issue, i am also very private, and i dont do social media at all, until this site recently, which i came across accidently looking for sexy shoe's, let me know if you find any such places, would appreciate it very much
@Sabatha:

I created this thread a long time ago, at times have forgotten bout it. I consider this thread dead, though i won't delete it. At the time i created this thread, was quite aggravated in finding a "home", a place to to be if you will. I was at a time where i wanted to step out of the closet for the very first time, and this was BEFORE getting my very first transformation, etc. Ever since going to JC, getting myself a few transformations, going to clubs\bars, and being a part of the JCF community, i am good now. I am no longer "lost" if you will.

I read your profile and see you reside outside the state of Michigan. Provided of course the information you have posted is true\legit. I don't reside in the same state as you, so i have no idea if any LGBT clubs\bars exist around your area. But seeing how you are very much a private person, JC has recommended in this thread of urnotalone.com. I am NOT a member of the site, or any other forum type site. I stick to JCF only. If you gimmie some time, i can do some digital digging and see what sites i can uncover and will post all the links in this thread. All sites will be tested\explored BEFORE i post the links for various security reasons.

Princess Tiffany Heart
You can also look for a local branch of Tri-Ess, a group for folk like ourselves. I don't have a link to their home page, when I find it, I'll add it to this post.

Best of luck to us all in finding like minded spirits!

-JL
Have you heard of Affirmations. They have meetings weekly near you.
http://www.goaffirmations.org/
@Karen Brad:

One of my old threads i have forsakened.  Been busy in RL and creating new threads in here, this thread pretty much slipped my mind. I did do some light digital digging, as stated in my most recent earlier posted message, but also did some serious thinking too. I guess i got side tracked with some other RL shit, so i ended up forgetting about it.

As for the information you have shared, link you provide, THANXS! I did in fact meet a gurl at GiGi's, i think during my VERY FIRST visit to GiGi's (Thread: Princess Tiffany - My FIRST EVER public\AA\GiGi's outing transformed) where she gave me a "business card" of sorts in relation to affirmations. I THINK i may have talked about this very briefly in my thread. I did do some online research of Affirmations and was SERIOUSLY on the verge, at one point, of going down there in person to check it out. Dressed or not was the question at the time. But never got around to it.

I need to re-read my thread and see if and what i talked about. I am totally against submitting information to the community unless i have thoroughly investigated it on many levels first. I prefer to provide legitimate and accurate information as possible. As to eliminate confusion, project my image of word, as i always do my very best to keep my word (i consider my word as gold), and avoid steering gurls, especially new gurls, in the wrong direction. And last but not least...i ALWAYS look well into the future of the information i provide for reasons of which i keep to myself.

Thanxs for sharing the information Karen Brad. It is MOST appreciated by me as well as many other gurls in the community!

Princess Tiffany Heart